I continue to be amazed by the wisdom and depth of understanding my small group girls possess at such a young age. Awhile ago I mentioned that for the remainder of the year I am challenging the girls to take turns leading the devotional part of the evening. I think it gives them a little more ownership within the group and also allows them a safe platform to articulate what they are learning or experiencing, and so far it has gone well.
Tonight was Joyce's turn to share. You may remember her from the guest post she wrote for me last summer. Anyway, she talked about how the last two months have been difficult for her in many aspects, and that she discovered her problem was that she had forgotten just how big God is. She talked about making her own plans, mapping out her life, and sort of downsizing God's presence, only to realize just how big she had made herself. Her challenge and encouragement for us was to remember God's presence in our lives on a daily basis, in the big and small things.
Yes, this is exactly what I wrote about earlier this week. My own epiphany that God is with me every single moment of every single day. This is the second week in a row that the message shared by one of my girls was spot on with what I had been thinking about or dealing with that week - evidence that God is using these girls to speak to me!
My time with the girls tonight, talking, praying, and meditating on this truth, was another one of those moments where I just wanted to freeze time. The stresses and worries of the next few weeks faded into the background while we focused on God's word and his promises to us. Of course the night had to end, and they had to return to their reality of homework and projects. I myself had to return to the reality of lesson planning and Lugano details... But we parted ways victorious, trusting that God was not only going before us, but going alongside us and behind us.
Tonight was Joyce's turn to share. You may remember her from the guest post she wrote for me last summer. Anyway, she talked about how the last two months have been difficult for her in many aspects, and that she discovered her problem was that she had forgotten just how big God is. She talked about making her own plans, mapping out her life, and sort of downsizing God's presence, only to realize just how big she had made herself. Her challenge and encouragement for us was to remember God's presence in our lives on a daily basis, in the big and small things.
Yes, this is exactly what I wrote about earlier this week. My own epiphany that God is with me every single moment of every single day. This is the second week in a row that the message shared by one of my girls was spot on with what I had been thinking about or dealing with that week - evidence that God is using these girls to speak to me!
My time with the girls tonight, talking, praying, and meditating on this truth, was another one of those moments where I just wanted to freeze time. The stresses and worries of the next few weeks faded into the background while we focused on God's word and his promises to us. Of course the night had to end, and they had to return to their reality of homework and projects. I myself had to return to the reality of lesson planning and Lugano details... But we parted ways victorious, trusting that God was not only going before us, but going alongside us and behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment