This weekend Katrina and I drove 2.5 hours to the American military base in Heidelberg to cheer on the BFA Falcons at their last regular season track meet of the year. BFA competes against other international schools - many of which are American schools on military bases. This year we had the most middle schoolers in track than I can remember, so we really wanted to be there to support them.
 |
| Andrew, a freshman, from my first 7th grade class at BFA |
 |
| Carl, a sophomore, from my first 8th grade class at BFA |
 |
| Laura, current 8th grader, finishes strong!! |
 |
| Brenton, a freshman and former student of mine on the far left |
 |
| Middle school 4x100 relay team: Cailynn, Abby, Anna, and Stephanie |
 |
| Praying before their race |
 |
| Carl throwing discus |
 |
| Andrew throwing discus |
 |
| Nathan, current student, running hurdles |
 |
| Middle school 4x400 relay team: (l-r) Erin, Olivia, Laura, Anna |
 |
| Anna takes off with great form |
 |
| Handing off to Laura |
 |
| Olivia runs the third leg |
 |
| Erin takes the final lap |
It was fun to see not only my current students compete, but also cheer on my former students who have gone on to high school. I reminisced about my own experience throwing shot and disc in high school! And despite the sunscreen I kept slathering on, I did end up getting a bit of sun, though thankfully not nearly as much as I did
watching my kids play soccer a few years ago!! Overall, it was a great way to spend one of my last free Saturdays of the school year.
Hi Rachel, I was at a concert last month where an appeal for teachers for BFA was made by the president of a mission organization. I'm not in a position to go to Germany at this stage in my life but I have kept the school in my prayers. I taught at the Paul B Smith Academy of People's Church Toronto and remember how difficult it was to attract great faculty. My husband is the former academic dean of Tyndale University College & Seminary in Toronto and encountered the same situation each spring so I guess I've been praying for facilities for years! Will you please let me know if all teaching positions are now filled? I've been letting a lot of teachers know of the opportunity. Thanks, Kelly
ReplyDelete