Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lugano prayer requests - Day 4

This week I am in Lugano, Switzerland with twenty-two eighth grade students and four other staff members. The purpose of this trip is to stretch the students academically, physically, spiritually, and socially. Throughout the week they will be experiencing "school without walls" and completing activities related to their history, English, science, art, and physical education classes. I'll post a day-by-day update with pictures when we return, but while we are gone I would like to request your prayers for some specific things each day. Even though I am going "off the grid," I have scheduled posts so that there will be new prayer requests posted each day.
*****

It's hard to believe how quickly this trip ends. Today we will clean and check out of the hostel, then students will spend the morning working on their final English and history assignment for the trip. We will have about two hours to explore downtown Lugano and eat lunch, then it's time to hit the road! There will be a dinner stop at McDonald's on the way home, and we anticipate arriving back at BFA around 7:30 PM tonight. Then... bedtime!!

Let's NOT pray for a repeat of last year's three hour wait for roadside assistance...
Ways to pray:
  • Helpful and responsible attitudes from the students during the clean up/check out process
  • Safety and a fun time in downtown Lugano
  • Safe travels and smooth-running vans
  • No technical difficulties with our cell phones or walkie talkies
  • Opportunities for meaningful conversation with and between students during the drive

Thanks for praying!! Ciao!!
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment