They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. -Carl W. Buechner
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
coffee cupdate
If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee I'd have a lot to tell you.
I might start by telling you with a little squeal that I've been commissioned for my first wedding project and am so excited to finish the jewelry I've designed for my friend and the bridesmaids! I'd then ask you to keep me in mind as an option when you yourself get married, or when a friend of yours gets married. I'd admit that since I didn't receive any salary this month, having little pockets of extra income like this has been a blessing from God.
While we're on the topic of jewelry I would show off my brand new beaded leather bracelet from Chloe vs Tank!! I'd confess that I've been in love with this style since these bracelets first started popping up on Etsy last year, but that I've never felt comfortable spending a lot of money on jewelry for myself. Then I'd tell you about the awesome Wednesday Deals that Amanda hosts on her shop each week, and how because of that I scored my bracelet for a great price!
I'd tell you how thrilled I am to see you, because the last two times I tried to have a real life coffee cupdate no one showed up. I'd confess that while I was able to take advantage of some uninterrupted work time, I was very disappointed that none of the friends and supporters I had invited had the time to meet with me or to even simply say hi.
You might ask how support raising has been going, to which I would reply, "Verrrry slowly." I'd tell you about how one family was incredibly generous and donated the bulk of the funding needed to get my TeachBeyond account out of the negative - something I was totally not expecting! I'd tell you that right now I am still in dire need of $980 in monthly support, and that the way I hope to raise this support is through my 50 States of Support challenge. Most likely you've already read about it, so I would get straight to the point and ask you if you would be willing to commit to supporting me for $20 a month. You might hesitate, saying you don't have $20 to spare each month, so I would encourage you to consider what you do have, and ask you to seriously consider what you can do to take the Word of God to the nations - the students of BFA.
What would you tell me today?
Labels:
Coffee Cupdates,
HMA,
prayer,
summer,
support,
support raising,
testimony,
thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment