Friday, July 27, 2012

five things friday




{1}Have you seen this hilarious new Bob Ross music video? It's pretty awesome.



{2} In case you missed the excitement on Facebook last night, some of my "these three remain" necklaces are currently up for grabs at a discounted price (almost $5 off + free shipping) at the Framed Frosting Christmas in July MEGA Shopping Event. There are only six left at the discounted price - so hop over to Danielle's Facebook page and scroll down until you see it... claim yours before they disappear!

 

{3} I'm becoming more and more trendy the longer I am living in America ... I think it's time for me to get back to Germany before I do any more damage!! I joined Pinterest last week - mainly for teaching ideas and resources. And now several people are telling me I also need to join Twitter. What is your opinion of Twitter? Do you use it? Do you despise it? Should I get one?


{4} I'm obsessed with braids. They are a fabulous way to keep my bangs (which I haven't decided yet whether to cut or keep growing) out of my eyes, and the perfect way to deal with second-day hair. Honestly, do you think I wash all this hair EVERYDAY?! So this week on Facebook I threatened to chop off ALL my hair, and the response was pretty evenly-sided. Some were adament that I do it because, "Hair grows back" and others were determined to convince me otherwise because my hair is beautiful (aww, thanks!) and according to one friend, "Tall girls need long hair." <--That was my favorite argument!! Again, what do you think? Should I cut it? Should I keep it?  Should I dye it hot pink? (I'm seriously considering that last one...)



{5} I am down to just a little over a week until my scheduled departure to Germany, and as I write this post there is still a long way to go in terms of support raising. I am struggling with communicating the urgency of my need, and I'm struggling with the steady stream of rejection. One might think that it would get easier over time to hear no after no after no, but the opposite is true for me. Each one stings worse than the one before. However, I have to remember that this is not a personal issue - people are not saying no to me, they are saying no to God. I am not here to judge, but I do have a tendency to take things very personally, so I have to keep my perspective in check otherwise hearing all these no's would send me straight into depression!! And despite all those no's, there are quite a few people who have joined my support team for the very first time this summer and I am so thankful for their obedience and willingness to give. If you would like to join them and me on this adventure of discipling the nations (aka, my world-travelling students), please visit TeachBeyond's website today and sign up.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. PRAYING God brings you more supporters so I can see you soon! You are much needed here at BFA!

    ReplyDelete