Wednesday, July 11, 2012

the versatile blogger


My bloggy friend Chrissy from Whimsical Poppysmic nominated me for this Versatile Blogger award. Thanks for thinking of me, Chrissy! So, what do I do now?

Thank the nominating blogger and link to their site. Give 7 random facts about yourself. Nominate 15 other bloggers, link to their sites, and let them know!

Ok, here goes.
{1} I spent my entire high school career obsessing over math and Spanish, planning to become an elementary teacher at a school for missionary kids in South America. Now I live in Germany and teach science (which, ironically, I avoided like the plague in high school) to middle schoolers at a school for missionary kids. At least I got one thing right!

{2} I had a thing for Channing Tatum waaaay before it was trendy to like him. You see, long before G.I. Joe and The Vow and Magic Mike, there was this hilarious movie called She's the Man. If you haven't seen it, drop everything right now and run to your nearest movie store. You won't be disappointed. [for the record, this is hands down my all-time favorite movie]


{3} Speaking of Channing Tatum, I once convinced eight innocent third and fourth graders that I was engaged to a hunk named Duke Orsino. The ending wasn't pretty, but it was one of the best April Fool's pranks I've ever played in my entire life.

{4} Whenever I wash my hands, I always wash off the faucet, too. It doesn't matter where I am: at home, a restaurant, an airport, a friend's house, school ... I can't stand looking at the water stains on the faucet!

{5} I have sung in the Sydney Opera House. Granted, it wasn't an actual performance but when I went to Australia with the MBI Women's Concert Choir in 2005 we were permitted by the tour guide to sing one of our concert pieces acapella in the concert hall! It was breathtaking.

{6} I have an irrational fear of birds. They're disgusting, dirty creatures with beaks and talons and feathers and ... just plain icky. They haunt me in my dreams and stalk me in my own home. But I really like owls. Go figure.

{7} I rarely wash my hair more than twice a week. I used to wash it on a daily basis but now that it's long again, I just don't have the time or patience for it! Thankfully braids are trendy right now because they are my lifesaver - a great disguise for not-so-squeaky-clean hair!


OK, I nominate the following bloggers:

1. Tricia at Mama Marchand's Nest
2. Amanda at Royal Daughter Designs
3. Katrina at Thoughts from a TCK
4. Michelle at The Momma Bird
5. Ilene at Much Love, Illy
6. Elise at Life Unscripted
7. Brittany at Brittany & a Bunch of Middle Schoolers
8. Heather at Joy in the Journey
9. Megan at Moments with Megan the Missionary
10. CB at Keeping up with CB
11. Angel at Simply Lovely Things
12. Saige at Burnt Grilled Cheese
13. Rachel at Randomly Rachel
14. Jess at Just Jess
15. Sarah at Both Sides Now

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment