Today I want to introduce you to one of my former students. I have had the privilege of teaching Sophie for three years - for math in sixth grade, then for science in seventh and eighth grade. She actually came to me on the first day of math class as a sixth grader and said, "I really really really like math, so do you think you could give me extra homework??" Who says that?! Sophie does! It has been a huge blessing watching her learn and grow over the past three years, and today she is going to share with you a little of her experience at BFA.
![]() |
| Reading Sophie's 8th grade tribute at the award ceremony |
My name is Sophie and I am 14 years old. I live in Basel, Switzerland and take the school bus to BFA for school. I have two sisters, one a senior and one in second grade. We chose BFA because we wanted to go to a Christian school and we all love being in a school where we are supported and can grow in our faith! Our family moved here three years ago and I hope to stay until I graduate. We are American, but I was born in England and have moved around because of my father’s job. I may not be a missionary, like many of the other students at BFA, but I am very grateful to be able to go to school where I am fully encouraged to have a relationship with Christ as well as advance in my academics.
![]() |
| Sophie and the other girls I've had for three years |
When you support me financially, you are supporting the ministry of BFA and helping to provide a quality international Christian education for hundreds of students just like Sophie and her sisters. Please prayerfully consider how you can make an investment in the future by supporting me at BFA.





No comments:
Post a Comment