Friday, July 13, 2012

five things friday


I'm so excited to be in Greencastle, Indiana this weekend visiting good friends and sharing about my year at BFA with the Lifebuilder Community Church!! Here are five things that are on my mind right now.

{1}

This week my mom and I attempted to make the short version of this dress. The tutorial makes it look super simple, and for the most part it was. We just couldn't get the elastic thread to cooperate, so we improvised. Now that we've figured out our own tricks, we hope to bust out a few more of these in different colors before I head back to Germany!


{2}
Sesame Street has spoofed Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe with the Cookie Monster. I can't stop singing this song. (Email subscribers may need to click on the title of this post to view the video)


{3}
Speaking of cookies, Happy Birthday, Oreo. If you like birthday cake and Oreos, you will love these special edition Oreos celebrating the cookie's 100th birthday! They are super yummy, and my pack was gone within two days. Don't worry, I shared!!

source

{4}
The game Zug um Zug (Ticket to Ride in English) is one of my new (within the last few years) favorite games. Alot of people think board games are boring, and I will agree - most American board games are boring because all you do is roll the dice and go in circles around the board. Europe sort of has us beat in that area. When playing Zug um Zug, no two games are ever the same, and there are expansion packs available to add even more variety! It's a strategy game with only a litle bit of the "luck of the draw" tossed in. My family now has the Europe, USA, Asia, India, and Switzerland maps and we have been playing a LOT this summer. If you're a local reader, you should come over and play with us sometime. :)

the Swiss map
 
{5}
Support raising continues to be a slow process. I know God is working and moving in people's hearts to generate generosity, and I know He is reminding me to trust in HIM rather than myself. Resting in peace is a daily choice, as I have always struggled with anxiety and the uncertainty of the next few weeks isn't helping. Just two days ago my mom commented on how much hair I'd lost in the shower - a physical indicator of just how stressed I truly am. I do not believe that God would call me to this ministry and then frustrate me by withholding the resources necessary for me to serve. Please continue to pray for me to find the people who will partner with me financially this year!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment