If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee, I'd have a lot to tell you.
I'd begin by giving you an update on my support situation, as that seems to be all I can think about these days. I'd tell you that I am less than two weeks away from my scheduled departure date but that at this point I am still in need of over $500 in monthly support before I will be cleared to fly. I would ask you to prayerfully consider how you can get involved if you haven't already done so, and I would ask you to pray for me, that I would find the people God is directing to give, and that I would continue to find peace in Him.
I'd share with you what a blessing it has been to spend time with friends who truly "get" why I do what I do. I'd admit that sometimes I feel like I have to justify myself to so many people (see this article on missionaries and "guiltitude") and that it's refreshing to be with people who are not only 110% supportive of what I am doing, but truly "get" the bigger picture, that life is about more than making money and following rules!
I'd tell you that I am really excited to have sold so much jewelry in the past few weeks that my shop started to look super sparce! I'd show you some pictures of new pieces I've been adding to the shop, and explain that now that I've had some time to figure out my "style", I'm concentrating on personalizing my "signature" pieces by adding lots of new color choices. I'd ask if you know anyone getting married anytime soon, because I am itching to decorate another set of bridesmaids and contribute to someone's special day!
What would you tell me??




No comments:
Post a Comment