Tuesday, July 10, 2012

coffee cupdate


If we were to sit down for a cup of coffee I'd have a lot to tell you.
I would probably start by gushing over how awesome my packrat grandpa is for having this gorgeous "vintage" sewing machine in his attic. When he heard about my sad sewing machine saga from Saturday, he went upstairs and emerged with this beauty. It's over thirty years old and in fabulous condition...and I was like a kid at Christmas when he brought it over yesterday!


I would tell you that I am getting really nervous because there is officially less than a month until my scheduled return flight to Germany, and I am still very VERY far away from having the support required to return. I would ask you if you would be willing to support me on a monthly basis, and I would ask you if you know anyone else who I could ask to join me in this leap of faith.

I'd tell you all about my new addiction, SweetFrog frozen yogurt. I'd laugh as I recalled our first visit to the brand new store, where the line wrapped all the way around the inside of the store and I was so excited to try all the flavors that by the time I made it through the line I'd ended up with NINE different flavors in my cup! I'd assure you that now that I've tried all the flavors that interested me, I'd stick with a small cup and less than three flavors at a time from now on.


I would confess that I wish there were more poeple my age to spend time with when I am "home" in Ohio. The girls I grew up with have all gotten married and moved away, and high school friends are nowhere to be found. I'd wonder aloud if I missed the memo to move out of Ohio and then remember that I moved to Germany and that my lonely summers are just that - lonely summers. I'd tell you how excited I am to get back to Germany, see my friends, and feel in my element again.

What would you tell me today?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment