Friday, July 20, 2012

The Challenge Ends!



The 30-Day Spare Change Challenge officially ends tomorrow! If you have been saving up your spare change, thank you so much for your willingness to support me and the work that I do at BFA. One family in Greencastle has already given me their coin jar, so I went ahead and took that plus another cash gift to the bank, but I ran into a problem in that the tellers wouldn't take coins that weren't rolled. I was a bit surprised (it's been so long since I have actually interacted with American bank tellers) because the German banks will take anything - even other currencies! So, here are a few suggestions in case you have been saving up your coins for the challenge and plan to head to the bank tomorrow.

{1} If you have enough coins to roll, you might want to do this before going to the bank. If you need wrappers, most banks will provide them free of charge.


{2} If you don't have enough to roll and the bank won't accept it, try Coinstar. They have coin counting machines in many grocery stores that count your coins and give you a voucher which you cash in at the register. Be aware that there is a fee of approximately 10% (9.8 cents per dollar) to utilize this service.


{3} After you've totaled it up, make your check out to TeachBeyond and mail it with this form to:
TeachBeyond
PO Box 6248
Bloomingdale, IL 60108

*Be sure to note on your form that your gift is specifically for the ministry of Rachel Bertschi.


{4} Don't let the fun stop here! If you are looking for a way to introduce your children to supporting missions, you can have them fill up their jar each month and then write the check for them.


Again, thank you so much for your willingness to support me and the work that I do at BFA. If you have been collecting coins this month, I hope you have enjoyed seeing the jar fill and knowing that you are a blessing to me!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment